2013 News Archive
2012 News Archive
2011 News Archive
2010 News Archive
2009 News Archive
2008 News Archive
2007 News Archive
Press Releases »
2013 News Archive
2013 News Archive
- BPD Make Arrest in South Buffalo Homicide
— Buffalo Police homicide detectives have made an arrest in connection with an incident that occurred on November 8th at approximately 3:30am.
Late Thursday afternoon, Homicide Squad detectives picked up 26 year old Nicholas J. Finnegan, and have charged him with causing the death of Ross A. Russ, on Kenefick Avenue last month.
- Police Alert Residents to Craigslist Robberies
— Area police agencies are alerting residents in connection with three recent Craigslist armed robberies. The incidents occurred the week of November 24th.
- BPD Arrest Two in Shooting that left Three Injured
— Buffalo police have arrested two individuals in connection with a shooting, in which three people were struck by gunfire. The incident happened on October 26th in the vicinity of Townsend and Peckham Streets around 10:10pm.
- Mayor Brown, BPD Announce Arrest in Death of 5-year-old boy
— Mayor Byron Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda announced today the arrest of 26-year-old Matthew Kuzdzal in connection with the death of 5-year-old Eain Brooks.
- BPD Make Arrest in Killing of Teenager
— Buffalo police announced Thursday morning an arrest in the homicide of 13 year old Lanasha Rollerson.
- Mayor Brown Launches Buffalo Peacemakers
— New violence prevention program brings together six existing peacemaking groups to further enhance public safety and reduce crime in Buffalo
- BPD Looking for Suspects in Gas Station Robbery
— Buffalo police are releasing surveillance photos in connection with an armed robbery of a NOCO gas station located at Genesee Street and Crossman.
The incident happened Friday night, July 26th, at 11:30pm.
- BPD Promote 20 in SR0 Ceremony
— Mayor Byron Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda announced the promotions of 20 officers during an early afternoon ceremony at Buffalo Police Headquarters.
- Mayor brown, Buffalo Police Announce Homicide Arrest
— Mayor Byron Brown and Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda today announced an arrest in connection with a homicide that occurred on Northland Avenue last weekend.
- Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Public Notice - Fiscal Year 2013
— Notice is hereby given that the City of Buffalo, in partnership with the County of Erie is participating in a grant sponsored by the US Department of Justice, under the Bureau of Justice Assistance, entitled Edward Byrne Memorial 2013 Justice Assistance Grant (JAG).
- New High Tech Speed Signs Unveiled on Parkside Avenue
— Mayor Byron Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda unveiled new high tech speed signs on Parkside Avenue between the 198 and Jewett Parkway to help control speeding in that area.
- BPD Add 22 New Officers to the Department
— Mayor Byron Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda welcomed 22 new police officers to the force at a graduation ceremony Friday afternoon at ECC-City campus.
- BPD Arrest Final 2 Suspects in Assault of 66 year old male
— Buffalo police have arrested the final two suspects in connection with the mid-May assault of a 66 year old male that occurred at Shoshone Park. Arrested Thursday morning are 18 year old Edward Magby and 17 year old Damari Phillips, both of Buffalo.
- Corporate Challenge; Parking and Saftey Tips
— A reminder from the Buffalo Police Department with the Corporate Challenge set for Thursday evening, June 6th, 2013.Buffalo police remind you to lock your car and not to leave valuables of any kind visible in your vehicle.
- Operation: Riverside Renewal
— Mayor Byron Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda announced today that Buffalo police and the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) just completed a series of search warrants in the Riverside area of the city that resulted in the execution of 24 warrants and 18 arrests.
- Mayor Brown Resumes Annual Summer Police Foot And Bicycle Patrols
— Mayor Byron Brown announced today that the Buffalo Police Department will resume its annual police foot and bicycle patrols in each of the Department's five districts this summer, providing comprehensive patrol coverage.
- 2nd Arrest Made in Taxi Cab Homicide
— Buffalo police have arrested a second individual in connection with the March 6th fatal shooting of a cab driver.
- BPD Seek Person of Interest in William Street Bank Robbery
— Buffalo police need the public's help in locating a person of interest in connection with a May 6th bank robbery that occurred at the M&T Bank located in the 400 block of William Street.
- Mayor Byron Brown and Buffalo Police Announce Arrest in Taxi Driver Homicide
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda announced this morning that an arrest has been made in the March 6th fatal shooting of taxi cab driver, Mazen Abdallah.
- 2012 MLK Park Murder of One Person, Wounding of Four Attributed to Alleged Bailey Gang Memeber
— BUFFALO, N.Y.--U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul, Jr. announced today that a federal grand jury in Buffalo has charged Tariq Brown, 20, with the May 12, 2012 shooting at Martin Luther King Park that left Marquay Lee dead and four other individuals wounded. Two of the injured persons suffered permanent injuries, one victim is now a paraplegic and another was blinded in one eye.
- BPD Looking for Suspicious Vehicle in North Buffalo Child Incident
— Buffalo police are looking for a person of interest after a report that an individual had approached a young child in a suspicious manner in the North Buffalo area.
- BPD Search for Persons of Interest in Death of Elderly Man
— Buffalo police are looking for two person of interest in connection with the beating death of 96 year old Levi Brown.
- BPD Make Arrest in Tonawanda Street Homicide
— Buffalo police arrested a suspect earlier today, who was sought for the stabbing death of 20 year old Roberto Leon of Buffalo, two months ago.
- BPD Make Second Arrest in Homicide of 96 year old Man
— Buffalo police homicide detectives have announced a second arrest in the death of 96 year old Levi Clayton.
- City Collects 760 Guns in 6th Buy Back
— The City of Buffalo collected 760 guns during the May 4th Buy Back, the second highest total in the 6 years of the program.
- City Surveillance Cameras Catch Images of Burglary Incident
— Buffalo police are releasing City Surveillance Camera System photos in connection with a burglary that occurred last week on Minnesota Avenue.
- BPD Honors over 30 Officers at Awards Ceremony
— Buffalo Police Academy
Buffalo Police Headquarters
74 Franklin Street
Buffalo, NY 14202
- Mayor Brown and Police Inspector Honored by Medaille College
— Buffalo Mayor Byron W. Brown and Buffalo police inspector Joseph F. Strano were honored Monday at the 8th Annual Medaille College Media Awards Ceremony.
- Person of Interest Sought in Tonawanda Street Homicide
— Buffalo police are looking for a person of interest in connection with the February 23rd, 2013 homicide on Tonawanda Street.
- BPD Charge Husband in Wife's Death.
— Buffalo police have arrested and charged Antoine D. Mattox, 32 years old, for the murder of Nedra E.Thomas-Mattox, 38, on Andover Avenue.
Northeast District police were originally called to the scene around 3:25 Monday afternoon, and found the woman deceased in a rear bedroom of the house. .
- BPD Homicide Detectives Make 3rd Arrest in 10 days
— Buffalo police homicide detectives have made their third arrest in the last ten days with the Thursday evening, March 7th arrest, of 27 year old Rayshawn Bethany.
- BPD Seeks Public's Help in Cab Driver Death
— Buffalo police are continuing to investigate the murder of a local cab driver, Mazen M. Abdallah, and are reaching out through the media, for the public's help.
- BPD Investigating Homicide of Cab Driver
— Buffalo police homicide detectives are investigating the homicide of a 55 year old cab driver
Detectives say the deceased body of the Buffalo man was discovered by a fellow worker at approximately 7am Wednesday morning in the 700 block of Norfolk Avenue near Kensington Avenue.
- BPD Make Second Homicide Arrest This Week
— Buffalo police have cleared a homicide case from last year, with an arrest, for the second time this week. On May 19th, 2012 at around 1:45 pm a gunman shot and killed 18 year old Shaquille R. Woods of Buffalo.
- BPD Make Arrest in January 2012 Fatal Shooting
— Buffalo police homicide detectives have arrested an individual in
connection with a January 2012 fatal shooting.
- BPD Discover Body of Missing Woman
— Buffalo police discovered the body of a missing 84 year old missing woman.
- Hundreds turn out for Officer Parete's Funeral
— Buffalo police officer Patricia A. Parete was laid to rest following a service of Thanksgiving Wednesday, February 6th at the Trinity Episcopal Church in downtown Buffalo.
- BPD Search for Vehicle in Hit and Run of Woman in Wheelchair
— Buffalo Police Accident Investigators are asking for the public's help in identifying a black 2004 -2009 Dodge Durango that is being described as a "vehicle of interest" in connection with a hit and run accident that left a woman seriously injured.
- New Class of Recruits Sworn in by BPD
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Buffalo police officials welcomed 21 new recruits to the ranks.
- Mayor Byron Brown and BPD Announce Arrest in Home Invasion of 96 year old man
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda announced one arrest today in connection with the November 24th, 2012 home invasion of a 96 year old Longview Avenue resident.