2015 News Archive
2014 News Archive
2013 News Archive
2012 News Archive
2011 News Archive
2010 News Archive
2009 News Archive
2008 News Archive
2007 News Archive
Press Releases »
2012 News Archive
2012 News Archive
- BPD Release Surveillance in Home Invasion that injuries 96 year old man.
— Buffalo police are releasing surveillance photos in connection with the Saturday evening home invasion on Longview Avenue. The incident occurred at approximately 6:30pm Saturday evening.
- Baby Death Ruled a Homicide
— Buffalo police are investigating the death of a seven-week old infant, which has now turned into a homicide case. The baby boy expired from injuries that were inflicted upon him, in his Heath Street residence, according to police.
- Buffalo Man Charged with Drug and Gun Charges
— BUFFALO, N.Y.– U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul, Jr. announced today that George Torres, 51, of Buffalo N.Y., was arrested and charged by criminal complaint with unlawfully possessing with intent to distribute more than 200 grams of heroin, possessing firearms in furtherance of drug trafficking and being a felon in possession of firearms. The charges carry a mandatory minimum penalty of 10 years in prison, a maximum of life, a $4,000,000 fine, or both.
- Puppy that was Burned Continues to be Treated
— Buffalo police have announced two arrests in connection wih the puppy that was burned in late October.
- Murder Suspect Caught in Cleveland
— Buffalo police have tracked down a homicide suspect in Cleveland in connection with a fatal stabbing. 25 year old Anthony Williams has been charged regarding the stabbing death of Michael A. Ballard Jr., who was fatally attacked last Friday evening.
- Buffalo Police Department Make Arrest in July 1st Homicide
— Buffalo police have arrested a suspect in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred earlier this summer.
- Mayor Byron Brown Announces Arrests in Continuing Crackdown on Illegal Drugs
— Mayor Byron W. Brown announced more arrests today in Buffalo’s continuing crackdown on illegal drug use in the city.
Just days after over 60 people were arrested in a city-wide round up called “Operation Power Sweep”; Buffalo police arrested 7 more individuals including four University of Buffalo students following a weekend detail in the University Heights area.
- Mayor Brown and BPD Announce Arrest in Fillmore Avenue Homicide
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda announced today an arrest in connection with the fatal shooting early Sunday morning of a 23 year old Buffalo man.
- Mayor Brown Announces Over 60 Arrests Made in Latest Drug Round up Operation
— Mayor Byron W. Brown, along with Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda, announced today, that at least 63 individuals were arrested following the city’s fourth series of drug raids this year in a continuing crackdown on illegal drug activity and other quality of life issues.
- Buffalo police Bike Auction this Saturday
— The Buffalo police bike auction will be held this Saturday, September 15th at police headquarters, located at 74 Franklin Street.
- BPD Make Arrest in Stabbing Death
— Buffalo police have arrested a woman for the stabbing death of her long-time boyfriend, during an argument. Emergency crews responded to a call of a "person stabbed" at 22 Gerhardt St., in the upper apartment, at around 9:15 Sunday night.
- Buffalo police Arrest Suspect Linked to Bank Robberies
— A man suspected of committing at least two bank robberies in Buffalo has been arrested after a lengthy search by police.
- BPD Make Arrest in Manhattan Ave Shooting
— Buffalo police have made an arrest in connection with a double shooting that occurred on Manhattan Avenue in the early morning hours of Sunday, August 26th.
- 33 New Recruits Sworn In
- New BPD Rescue Device Helps Save Another Person
- Commissioner Updates Riverside Tragedy
— Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda updated the Riverside tragedy that occurred Wednesday afternoon on Esser Avenue.
- BPD Welcome 38 New Officers
— Buffalo police added 39 new officers during commencement ceremonies on Friday, July 20th at The Buffalo Academy for Visual and Performing Arts.
- City Surveillance Cameras Catch Shots Fired Incident
— Buffalo police are releasing images from the City Surveillance Camera System in connection with a "shots fired" call that occurred on the city's west side.
The incident happened Monday, July 16th, just after 9:30am near Busti Avenue and Pennsylvania Street.
- K-9 Sniffs Out 3 Burglars
— Thanks to Thor. one of the Buffalo police K-9 dogs, three burglars are behind bars.
The incident unfolded, Friday morning, July 13th when Police Officers Charles Gidney and Tom Beyers of the B District arrived at a vacant four-story apartment building on 15th Street and were told by residents that suspects were still inside.
- Police Officer and Life guard Honored for Saving Little Boy
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda recognized a Buffalo Police officer and a life guard who came to the rescue of a little 7 year old boy on Tuesday evening, July 10th.
- Police Search for Doctor in Hospital Shooting
— Local law enforcement officers continue to search for a person of interest in the shooting death of a woman at Erie County Medical Center early Wednesday morning.
- "Operation Street Sweeper” Nets over 70 Arrests & 16 More Guns Seized
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda announced today the results of “Operation Street Sweeper” that culminated with 76 arrests, 16 more guns taken off the streets and drugs such as crack cocaine, heroin and marijuana confiscated.
- Nine Illegal Guns Seized in Major Gun Trafficking Arrest
— Mayor Brown says the city continues to aggressively target gun traffickers and illegal guns.
- BPD Bike Patrols Arrest 3 in Black Rock
— Buffalo police bike patrols made three arrests in connection with a burglary Wednesday afternoon near the Black Rock section of the city.
- BPD Make Arrest In Oakmont Shooting
— Buffalo police have made an arrest in connection with a recent shooting on Oakmont Avenue.
- Victim From Park Shooting Dies
— Buffalo police confirm that the shooting incident in Martin Luther King Jr. Park Saturday night has turned deadly. Around 8:30pm police believe a lone gunman on foot fired at several people gathered in the vicinity of shelter #4 in the park, striking five individuals.
- 21 Promoted by Buffalo Police including 13 to rank of Lieutenant
— 21 Promoted by Buffalo Police including 13 to rank of Lieutenant
- BUFFALO ZOO’S STATEMENT ON SILVERBACK GORILLA
- Mayor Brown Lifts Winter Overnight Parking Restrictions
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Common Council President Richard Fontana gathered at the steps of Buffalo City Hall today to announce that Buffalo has suspended the city’s winter overnight parking restrictions. The projected mild forecast for the remainder of the month prompted this action.
- Mayor Brown and BPD Credit City Surveillance Cameras with Latest Homicide Arrest
— Mayor Byron W. Brown announced today city surveillance cameras and private cameras helped homicide detectives solve the fatal shooting of 20 year Anthony L. Pitts earlier this month. Cameras as well as several key tips led to the arrest of a 20 year old Buffalo man.
- Mayor Brown And BPD Announce Arrest In The Shooting Death Of Beloved Grandfather
- Annual Police Youth Academy
- BPD Have Serial Bank Robber in Custody
- BPD Investigate if Bank Robberies are Connected
- BPD Place Charges in Overnight Fatal Shooting
- Charges Upgraded in Fatal Guilford Street Shooting
- Mayor Byron W Brown and BPD Announce first raids of the year
- Buffalo Police Investigate Second Homicide of 2012
— Buffalo police are continuing their investigation into a double shooting incident that occurred eleven days ago, which has now resulted in the death of one of the victims.
- 44 New Police Recruits Sworn-in
- BPD Investigate first homicide of 2012
- BPD Investigating Discovery of Dead Body in Bailey-Delavan Area